Veelzijdigheid bekende leden.

Wim Kluck

Oud hout
28 feb 2010
Gaanderen
Ik kreeg net een digitaal magazine binnen waarin een leuk stuk staat over Dr. Henk Verhaar. Naast houtbewerking heb ik net als Henk de hobby vliegvissen.

Doctor Henk,

In my head I always refer to him as Doctor Henk. Not because of his doctorate, but because doctor Henk, first and for all, is a problem solver. At least for me he is. He fills my (many) blanks, and dismisses difficult issues with backward ease. Needles to say, without doctor Henk, this magazine would not exist… Short bio: Henk is a 62 years young fly fisher and fly tier from the Netherlands. He is a chemist by training but first and foremost a field biologist, with an emphasis on birdwatching, dragonfly behavior study, and bat distribution work. Henk's professional career is based on the work he did in predicting the toxicity of chemicals to aquatic organisms - primarily fish; he has been working in the field of risk assessment of pesticides since 1995. Henk has been fly fishing since 1976, and fly tying since 1982, and has demonstrated tying at shows and fairs in the Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Italy and the US, making sure that whenever he traveled abroad (whether for fly tying or for his job), he snuck in some fishing, usually for the trout that the Netherlands so dearly lacks. At home he used to fish mainly for rudd and pike, and the occasional sea bass along the west coast of Holland, but since moving to the southernmost corner of the Netherlands he now calls the 'Geul', the only river in the Netherlands that holds populations of (semi-) wild, native trout and grayling, his home water. In 2016, after hesitating for some 20 years (balking at the significant investment required for securing the necessary tools) he also took up making split bamboo fly rods - and with now 60 rods under his belt is at least somewhat confident that he can make a workable cane rod. He hasn't touched a plastic rod since, even having caught a Bonaire bonefish on one of his bamboo rods. His father being a retired English teacher, he also thinks he is reasonably well positioned to edit the content of DRAAD and WEAREFLYFISHING magazine for correct language use… D

Deze plek is voor toekomstige tekst. Door nu alvast deze kolom te activeren blijft de kolommen structuur ongewijzigd en de lezerservaring hetzelfde als er hier content geplaatst gaat worden.

Hier kan straks ook info geplaatst worden.