Spalted Black Walnut bowl

Leo Van Der Loo

Post veel
13 apr 2014
Atikokan Ontario Canada
Thank you all and I'm glad you liked the bowl, also I'm glad to be able to reply to this, as Anny and I just got away without a scratch after hitting a Bull Moose on the Highway close to our home, Moose is dead and the Expedition we were driving is a mess, we'll see what the insurance thinks, but we probably need a new one :oops:

Wim Kluck

Oud hout
28 feb 2010
Gaanderen
If you hit a moose with a car you are lucky to be alive. I have seen a male moose in Sweden and there where warning signs don't hit them. There was a possibility that it's your last hit.

Laatst bewerkt:
  • Leuk
Waarderingen: Leo Van Der Loo

hdv

Post veel
24 nov 2019
Noord-Veluwe
What a beautiful contrast in that wood! Very nice bowl.

Luckily you were both unharmed. A friend of mine drove into a moose that was drunk from apples last year. He broke his arm. And that was from driving quite slow. I don't even want to know what impact a higher speed collission would have had. :eek:

• Leuk

Leo Van Der Loo

Post veel
13 apr 2014
Atikokan Ontario Canada
What a beautiful contrast in that wood! Very nice bowl.

Luckily you were both unharmed. A friend of mine drove into a moose that was drunk from apples last year. He broke his arm. And that was from driving quite slow. I don't even want to know what impact a higher speed collission would have had. :eek:
I was driving at 90 KMH and yes speed kills, luckily it was not a very large moose and we hit it with the left front of the truck rather than dead center, it threw the animal in the ditch and it was dead.

Here is some info and picture of the truck.
2014 Expedition.jpg
Moose vs Elk.jpg

• Leuk
Waarderingen: Wim Kluck

Wim Kluck

Oud hout
28 feb 2010
Gaanderen
Ik denk dat Leo met de maten nog vrij bescheiden was. In mij gedachten konden die dingen toch veel zwaarder zijn. Even het wwww Het mannetje heeft een schofthoogte van 180 tot 220 centimeter en een lichaamsgewicht van 320 tot 800 kilogram, het vrouwtje een schofthoogte van 150 tot 170 centimeter en een gewicht van 275 tot 375 kilogram. De staart is vrij klein, en wordt slechts 7 tot 10 centimeter lang.
De eland waar ik in zweden "naast" stond was echt groot en massief en ik voelde me met 190 cm klein.
Er stond wel een groot hek tussen mij en de eland.

• Leuk

Crijn

Actieve deelnemer
20 okt 2020
Zo zeg, wat een prachtige schaal. Ook de voet vind ik prachtig gemaakt, ga ik ook eens proberen op deze manier.
En inderdaad, wat een mazzel heb je gehad met de aanrijding (in Canada?)

• Leuk

Deze plek is voor toekomstige tekst. Door nu alvast deze kolom te activeren blijft de kolommen structuur ongewijzigd en de lezerservaring hetzelfde als er hier content geplaatst gaat worden.

Hier kan straks ook info geplaatst worden.