Bogdan uit Zeist

Bogdan

Nieuw lid
23 okt 2020
Hello everyone,

First apologies for the english my dutch is not that good. I hope this is allowed.
I have been using this forum for quite a while now (from the shadows :)) for information and advice. I have decided it is finally time to perhaps make an introduction.
I am a design engineer by trade, and I live in Zeist together with my fiance. I recently started looking into woodworking as I felt the need to do something with my hands (more then using my Playstation controller that is) and I have managed to complete a few simple projects to begin with (small mobile workbench , a night lamp and a small coffee table top which is still not finished). The work is far from great but I will attach a few photos of it.
I own a few tools now (router, crosscut saw, eccentric sander, speedsquares, cordless drill, table saw, pocket hole jig, etc)

I would love to know if it's possible to participate in the discussions here going forward give my lack of dutch language at the moment or not. Either way thank you for making this forum and all the good information shared here!

Workbench.jpg

nightlamp.jpg

coffe table top.jpg

Jan van den Broek

Post veel
28 nov 2017
Veldhoven
Hi Bogdan,
Of course you are welcome. Wood speaks an international language.
You will find that most members are very helpfull. so don't hesitate to ask if you don't understand our "double dutch."
Your workpieces speak for themselves in a beautiful manner.

Question from my side: Where are you from? UK or otherwise?

EdP

Post veel
4 jan 2016
Steenbergen, Noord Brabant
Hello Bogdan, I will start in english and will finish in Dutch :). First: welcome to this forum. Not sure if there are specific forum rules on the language to be used here, however, I assume the reading in Dutch is not so much of a problem, it is probably the writing in Dutch.You will probably get more responses here when you ask your questions in Dutch, so, I would challenge you to try in Dutch. Je kunt je vraag natuurlijk in het engels stellen, maar ik zou je willen voorstellen om met Google translate de hollandse versie er boven te zetten. Zo kun je ook je Nederlandse woordenschat vergroten. En je zult (waarschijnlijk) ook sneller antwoord krijgen.
Take care, stay safe en veel plezier.

Bogdan

Nieuw lid
23 okt 2020
Hallo jongens,

Bedankt voor het warme welkom, ik ben blij dat ik probeer deel uit te maken van de community.

@Jan van den Broek - Ik kom oorspronkelijk niet uit het VK, maar ik heb daar een paar jaar gewoond en gewerkt voordat ik hierheen verhuisde (en daarvoor ook Noorwegen). Mijn werk bracht me altijd op verschillende plaatsen weg van mijn geboorteplaats, Roemenië, dus je kunt wel zeggen dat ik een beetje een nomade ben, maar ik geniet best van Nederland en hoop mijn wortels te vestigen.

@EdP - Bedankt voor het advies dat ik zal proberen te doen, het is natuurlijk beter voor de lezer en goed voor mij, zoals je al zei voor het leren van de taal. Maar mijn nederlands is nog niet zo goed. Maar ik zal mijn best doen

Original version :
Hi guys,

Thank you for the warm welcome , I'm happy to try and be a part of the community .
@Jan van den Broek - I'm not from UK originally , however I have lived and worked there for a few years before moving here (and Norway before that as well). My work always took me in different places away from my birth home which is Romania, so you can say I'm a bit of a nomad but I quite enjoy the Netherlands and hope to put down roots .
@EdP - Thank you for the advice I shall try to do so , it's of course better for the reader and good for me as you already mentioned for learning the language. Maar mijn nederlands is nog niet zo goed. But I will do my best :)

• Leuk
Waarderingen: Jan van den Broek

Deze plek is voor toekomstige tekst. Door nu alvast deze kolom te activeren blijft de kolommen structuur ongewijzigd en de lezerservaring hetzelfde als er hier content geplaatst gaat worden.

Hier kan straks ook info geplaatst worden.