kleine dozen maken (Making small boxes)

jamesvs

Nieuw lid
Hi to all,

I'm a little confused as to where to post, so please bear with me. I was invited by Jaap Bosma to post on this site and welcome the opportunity.

I've attached a picture of a small wooden box that has a unique and hidden hinge that disappears when closed. It's made with the use of a dowel that is placed in segments between the top and the back of the box. I've made a video of this box on my YouTube channel if anyone is interested. You can find it here:

I would be delighted to participate further in this forum. Please bear with me while I learn (even with a Dutch name, I do not know the language).

Thanks, Jim
Jim Vander Schaaf

Bijlagen

• Wood Hinge Box.jpg
    Wood Hinge Box.jpg
    156,1 KB · Weergaven: 33

meron

Post veel
8 sep 2011
Nijmegen
www.instagram.com
Hi Jim,
Welcome! Although the main language on this site is Dutch, most people can speak English and will reply to English posts. So the main problem will probably be that you can't ready most of the content.

Beautiful box. Especially the hinges and how they look when the box is closed.

Cheers,
Meron

• Leuk
Waarderingen: jaap

BoyS

Actieve deelnemer
15 jan 2018
Limburg
Hi James welcome.

That is a very nice box. The way the hinge “disappears” when the lid is close is very elegant.

Cheers

Boys

• Leuk
Waarderingen: jamesvs

jamesvs

Nieuw lid
Hi Jim,
Welcome! Although the main language on this site is Dutch, most people can speak English and will reply to English posts. So the main problem will probably be that you can't ready most of the content.

Beautiful box. Especially the hinges and how they look when the box is closed.

Cheers,
Meron
Thanks Meron. I thought for a minute I was not pushing the right buttons, since some of the site is available in English and the posts in Dutch.

What are you building?

Jim

Scheppie

Post veel
10 dec 2009
Heelsum
Welcome Jim, is you surname really van der Schaaf, or is this Your forum Nick... You must have dutch ancestors if it’s Your real name..

BoyS

Actieve deelnemer
15 jan 2018
Limburg
Thanks Boys. I love making these. Have you tried one?
Hi James.

No i haven’t i’m a starting woodworker and do it as a hobby.
2318AF9D-176E-478C-932B-8A4DAD4A7394.jpeg
this is the first box i made and as you can see the hinges are purchased instead of self made. So i lack the proficiency but it is sure worth a shot to try it some day.

Cheers

• Leuk
Waarderingen: jaap

Deze plek is voor toekomstige tekst. Door nu alvast deze kolom te activeren blijft de kolommen structuur ongewijzigd en de lezerservaring hetzelfde als er hier content geplaatst gaat worden.

Hier kan straks ook info geplaatst worden.